Graphika delivers network analysis products and services for companies across the globe. We create large-scale, in-depth maps of social landscapes and the conversations that take place in those landscapes. We help clients translate data into insights using our cutting-edge mapping technology and deep subject matter expertise from around the world.
For our cartographies of complex online movements and our data analysis work, we are looking for a rigorous and creative full time Research Analyst. This position is an exciting opportunity to grow a career in a dynamic startup environment, in deep collaboration with our technical team and clients with questions ranging from geopolitics to consumer goods.
We are open to hiring and training a strong, motivated, creative junior - or to making space for someone who already has an established background in the field.
Contract Research Analyst positions are available for candidates not currently living in or planning to relocate to New York City.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop an in-depth expertise of Graphika’s unique capabilities and platform, navigate complex datasets and visualizations to analyze online movements
- Keep a pulse on open source research related to media manipulations and threats globally, leveraging OSINT techniques for investigations when required ; read and organize academic literature pertinent to disinformation
- Participate in strategic assessments of threats, vectors and targets of disinformation campaigns
- Proactively scope, develop and implement additional research methods to complement Graphika’s analysis toolkit, in partnership with the R&D team and Graphika’s academic partners
- Handle analysis projects from initial scoping to client delivery: crafting and implementing a rigorous research plan, conducting data analysis, translating findings in clear analytical outputs
- If able, run scripts, and use a combination of command line scripts and GUIs to guide maps through the publication process
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in a related field: this can be communications, international affairs, political science, journalism, computer science, data analysis, etc.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience, and practical experience leveraging relevant tools, applications, packages for social media analysis
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; rigor and intellectual honesty in analysis are also paramount
- Motivated and conscientious self-starter with attention to detail ; high level of perseverance and time management skills
- Adaptable, inventive, and confident working independently
- Able to produce “client-ready” material: briefings, presentations, reports. Excellent writing skills.
- Strong interest / background in internet and society, deep familiarity with geopolitical dynamics, dedication to human rights principles.
- Interested in developing additional coding skills/working on larger data sets a plus
- Multilingual proficiency a big plus
Benefits and Perks
Graphika offers a highly competitive, comprehensive benefits package for all full time employees, including but not limited to:
- Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage including FSA
- Commuter benefits for employees commuting to the NYC office
- Unlimited PTO with a required minimum 10 days vacation/year as well as a flexible remote work policy